One of the crucial responsibilities of being a parent is protecting your children from threats of illnesses. You know you do not want to see your children suffer any health complications. If they do, you are going to blame yourself for not doing everything to prevent the circumstance. From the day you became a parent until this very day, you have become a nurse and a caregiver to your little bundles of joy. There is nothing more important to you than your children's health. And in securing their health, here are a few helpful things you can do:
1. Introduce them to healthful foods. Cheesy crisps always catch the eyes of your children and they will always insist that you let them eat these junks. You may react violently, but you can let your children eat them as long as they do not take part of their regular diet. Serve your children with nutritious foods. Never forget to include fruits and vegetables in their meals; you know how essential these are to your children's health.
2. Make them drink eight glasses of water a day. Most children do not drink enough water, which leads them to become dehydrated. Eight glasses of water are what your children need to keep them healthy. Lessen their consumption of drinks with high amounts of sugar. Water is the best drink there is; it keeps them free from metabolism issues, fatigue, and nausea.
3. Your children should eat breakfast every day. Breakfast is proved to be the most important meal as your children's body gets all of its energy from the food taken at breakfast. If your children do not eat breakfast, they feel exhausted and weak. They may even contract obesity and diabetes.
4. Exercise secures your children's health. With exercise, your children will not only develop stronger bones and muscles, they are also going to feel energetic and happy throughout the day. Exercise helps release the feel-good hormones called endorphins, which gives them a good feeling after doing the activity.
5. Become your children's role model. Your children need someone to look up to when it comes to eating healthy foods. Nobody else is more suitable for the job than you. Watch the food you eat; make sure that you do not disobey any of your own rules.
by Alice Rey