Sex education for girls
1. There are lots of benefits of this education for girls. Sex education in schools is being given increasing importance as it is known to inform students about issues related to sex. It is considered important for societies that its individuals are well-informed about sex, sexual practices, child sexual abuse and sexually transmitted diseases. They should be incorporated even in the old-fashioned societies and must not be ignored.
2. Girls are taught to feel ashamed of their sexual organs and all the things related to them.
3. They are not allowed to speak about giving birth, conceiving and contraception. This attitude can be changed by this education for girls. They should get their regular checkups done and visit the gynecologists very regularly. This can help in the prevention of cervical cancer.
4. The girls should not be underestimated. There are many young people who often have sex before their marriages. They do not have any kind of this education and they hide it from their surroundings and parents.
5. There is a great possibility of developing a sexually transmitted disease as they are not aware of the protective measures and contraceptives.
6. In the same way, if girls are not aware of sex, it may result into unwanted pregnancy.
7. However they then end up going to chemists in search of some medication or abortion pills for getting rid of the baby
8. There are also pills like "mensurole" which are used for starting the stopped menstruation. No prescription is required. One should take it on own risk.
9. Many girls without proper knowledge go to doctors for abortion and this is often done in unhygienic conditions and hidden from the family. They are not at all aware of what they are doing. It is extremely risky and many of the cases have resulted into death.
Sex education in schools
1. A significant role is played by the schools in imparting education to the children and adolescents.
2. It is shown by research that with effective this education for children, there is a possibility of pushing back at the age at which an experiment with sex is made by adolescents.
3. These programs also have a potential for encouraging the youngsters to use protection while they have their first sexual experience.
4. There are many schools in the suburbs and cities that have come up with innovative hygiene and health workshops. They deal with the issues such as using sanitary napkins and health foods.
5. Sex education for children is still a controversial issue. However, sex education in schools is extremely important.
by Vanni Jain